Thursday, April 10, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

AHHH THIS BOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK~!

I loved it!
My sister hated it.
But I loved it.


The book is about a girl named Anna who is forced by her rich-writer father to study abroad in Paris. She not only does not speak a single word of french, but she is also separated from her soon-to-be boyfriend Toph and her best friend Bridgette. But, she soon forgets this after she meets the sporty Meredith, the artistic Josh, the practical Rashmi, and the totally hot, partially British Etienne <3 (Guess who the love interest is!) Anna feels herself becoming less and less homesick after striking a friendship with these students, and of course, feels herself becoming more and more attracted to Etienne. Etienne already has a girlfriend, though, so Anna tries to forget her feelings. But as the school year progresses, the two realize that there is no stopping this LOVE! THE LOVE IS TAKING OVER! Of course, there is a part where their love tears them apart (Kinda-not-really Joy Divison reference), but in the end they overcome all love and GET TOGETHER! And it is really, really REALLY cute.

Of course, I liked the book because I'm a hopeless romantic. The scenario was somewhat realistic, but also totally unrealistic. I mean, it was like reading a really good fanfiction. I also really liked some of the themes presented in the book, and the references to Wes Anderson, Sofia Coppola, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

My sister hated it because she felt like it was too cliche, and I agree that it was a little cliche, but come on. Sometimes, you need cliche.

Overall, I'd give it a 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment